Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dance Walking Time

I was swinging back and forth again on the idea of skipping my class. I had very good reasons to skip my class.


I got up and headed out.

Then I headed back inside.


Why was I doing this? He shows up late, he doesn’t do what he says he would do, he’s not inspirational, the class is stagnant...why go? (Now I am starting to sound like him with the ‘Why’s. :b)


I think I keep going because of that stupid Haiku and probably for that guy (I never did tell you that story, but I never promised I would...did I?).


Anyways I walked on. On to class.


And for some strange reason the music at the pool was much louder than usual. ( I walk by the pool everyday. Just to let you know.)


It was Michael singing “Thriller.” Then it was all his other hits.


I noticed that my feet were moving along in time with the song. I noticed I was walking to the beat, swinging a little from side to side. I couldn’t help, but smile.


I started thinking...daydreaming actually. About moving in the rhythm. Dancing.The steps made colors like water droplets. Spinning in circles feeling the air...feeling alive. Inside the heart would be the little extra beat for the steps.


I don’t know. It just took me into this other place. I think the weather had a role to play since it was shining & the a little breeze kept it just right.


That was embarrassing. I don’t think anyone noticed (at least in front of me.) But it wasn’t like I broke out dancing. No.


I don’t listen to Michael Jackson’s music...but I really like moving to it. It’s weird. “Thriller” is the only song I recognize actually...I am glad I caught myself again.


I am glad I walked to class.

Though I can’t say the same for being in class.

I enjoy walking there and back though. :) It’s like...the walks I take at home.

Just more people.




...

Oh yeah I typed a story, but then it started to go into too much detail & when I reread it...it reminded me a little of Mill on the Floss...


So I don’t think I will be writing another story soon & will save those who have read Mill on the Floss from a similarity.



No comments:

Post a Comment