Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Stranded Sea Critter & The Waves Of The Tide

It's strange...
How your long distant friends have some strange ways affecting your life. How they can do something without even being there. Without the connection of the internet or mail or on the phone.

For instance:
The last past week I felt alone. Like all my friends are free & I am stuck here. And my friends (here) feel just the same.

We are all stuck in this one tedious circle after circle (the campus literally goes in circle). For the past week...no calls from others. No one online that you want to talk to. :(

It rains constantly. The places you go are closing, closed, or just empty. The paths were filled with garbage & trash & a pink pillow on the grass. Only a few people out. The glow had disappeared in the face.

But then near the end of the weekened (when I neglectfully turned my phone off or had it on silent) my friends from home call. And everything just jumbles all back into play (Sorry my memories scatter from this point out because there were so many all in strange patterns).

Then the day brightens & then rain stops & the evening cools. No humidity A light breeze brushes against my face like Granma telling me that I'm back & she is so proud with head laying in her wrinkled moth ball smelling hand :) . A smile grows upon my face.

A family, pack of deer eating in the night (It was soo beautiful...Deer on campus!!! Earlier that day was a baby racoon!! :D)

Having a REAL sandwich. No disturbing rubber turkey squeeshing between the teeth.

I run back into my little cat & mouse game with Skaterboy as we gaze at each other. Also today I kept bumping into Marc at the elevator (I still haven't told you that story).

It's weird how everything just flows back into place. It's like the people you come in contact with become the waves and tides & you are a little sea critter that gets stranded on the shore & have to wait until high tide again. And as they come back to sweep you back home you become the ocean...& then it's their turn. I wonder who is playing the moon.

I guess we play our part even when we are not.

Oh and the best thing of all.
Last night as I was doing laundry with Sonia & as Skaterboy took the place of the wave coming back & forth I saw them. Not a lot...but just a few up there that floated behind the foggy lights.

Stars... :>

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that you felt alone!! but glad that things are getting better. this was a really thoughtful blog! I like it!!

    ReplyDelete