Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sleeping Next To A City

I have moved to this new shelter in the month of June. At first it was quiet and pleasant. At first there were no stars to look up to so a few weeks later stars came above me. I had trouble sleeping. I walked down the hill to visit my neighbors and they were very nice. We explored this new foreign land. To see all these cities and stores...it was very unkown. I did come back to home. It requenched my thirst (until I had to leave the second time :b).
I came back to this new shelter to find a city freshly built by my little house. They greeted me and seemed friendly. The only problem was that it was a city. The lights never dimmed down. I could hear the business slowly rush through the streets. I would twist and turn in my bed.
I brought the stars and offered to place them above our heads. The new city was excited and we went to work. I was heartened to see the stars again, but as the nights passed by, the city never turned off their lights. They washed out the stars. I brought up my nerve and asked if she could go to sleep early that night. She agreed.
Over time. It has fluxuated. I was glad the city enjoyed the light come through the brushes of trees. Though lately they picked up their old habits and I got use to it (very busy). One night as I turned over I saw that the city was empty and only the little lights showed the city vacant.
The city is quite cluttered and continues to build up. The light no longer shown. They let their sewers leak all over my material, there would be trash on the grass, the city is asking me for more favors, I will not do any more.
It's strange how a city that looks so busy is really not.
Though there are a few nights when they will just stop, turn off the lights and look at the stars like they have never seen them.

No comments:

Post a Comment