Saturday, January 9, 2010

And Now Back To Packing Up

I'm going to type this when I pack...

Missing a part of a pair of a sock...actually quite a few.
Some clothes are downstairs, but it's quite cold.
Lots of little things to bundle together... :b
Bathroom.

Going to risk the cold for a couple minutes....

I was hoping for this to be interesting, but it's not. I think it is just another rountine now. Hmm...not what I was hoping for. I want to find my other grey sock.

No luck, but I feel very accomplished. Except for packing up.

So there was this weird thing. Yesterday when I was hanging out with two girls *my friends* (I knew since 3), they told me something extreme, but I found out it's a bit bigger than they think. Both were adopted like me (they are sisters). One from Huancayo and the other from Belize. Except (last year) she found out she is not from Belize she's from Jacksonville. She found out when her brother "also adopted" brought a girl with him and told her that he and the girl he brought were both half related to J (Belize girl). She was shocked and a bit disappointed she's not from Belize. J told me she thinks she's related by her original. It could be the father she's not sure.
I mentioned this to my mom and of course her jaw dropped. She couldn't believe Carol never told J that she was really from Jacksonville (oh yeah she's 18 now). She was also shocked that she didn't know she was blood related to Carol's "adopted son" (brother). Actually she's related to two other kids because her birth mom is actually Carol's daughter, but she doesn't know that either. At least not yet (I am saying nothing to her about this).

Anyways we got in a casual conversation about Jordan and I visiting Peru for our birth mothers. Then my mom said something strange. She was telling me that" "We" didn't think to ask all these questions for you guys. Carol and I..." Her eyes got glazy, but no water. I don't know it was weird. So I let the silence to continue and tried to ponder. Her and dad came to get me. She didn't meet Carol until later in St. Augustine, but apparently that's not true. Carol also told Joany (my Huancayo friend) some interesting stories of her birth mom. I don't know. I got a little confused. And then I thought that maybe Joany and I really are related some way. It was partially coincidence. I don't know. I don't know what my mom was trying to prevent from causing her eyes to glaze, I don't know. She told me it was like some exciting adventure and the fun they had. But it looked really serious. Her expression was different. After we talked about the secrets of Carol and J she said, "And that's why you shouldn't keep secrets...*something something*". But I think she is.

Crazy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment