Friday, August 7, 2009

Back To Begin Again

I am back.

Back into my original room.
Back home.
Back with family.


I am unpacking and packing.
Everything looks different yet the same.
All my belongings are in piles.
Boxes and bags.

At first looking through these memories were endearing and warming, but then got overheated.
I got annoyed.

Everything is out of place.
There are a lot of things.
I plan on giving a lot of way them away.
I've out grown them.
They only sit there. Forgotten. Covered in dust. The typical loneliness of a childhood's memory.

They need to begin again. To recreate the happiness (they gave me) to another child who needs a little hope and courage...a little adventure. Whether it's climbing on the caved roof watching the water birds fly by along with time or riding away beneath the stars on the beach or swing on tree vines back and forth. Our bears, our bikes, our mac & cheese, our video games, our chalk cities and our box houses, our hidden path in the woods...etc.

I remember when I almost fell off that roof and was scared. You promised you will never let go. Then I thought it would be okay if I fell. You wouldn't let go. I am glad you didn't let go.

I remember the long fresh bright red lines all down my arms and it still brings me chills about how they looked. I remember that moldy ladder with all those red looking ants climbing all over it...how did we miss that? Ooo...those give me chills too :b.

It was that last step that gave out.




No comments:

Post a Comment